Well we have returned from a three month hiatus with the show and are ready to get back to the task at hand to provide you information on tech. This show focuses on online safety and security since October is National Cyber Security Month. Everything from avoiding scams, phishing attempts, work at home scams, and Facebook privacy.
We also mention our 2,000th post at WindowsObserver.com and a couple of giveaways we are hosting.
We still have Observed Tech PODCAST Stickers – just contact us and ask for yours.
Subscribe in iTunes (iTunes must be installed on your computer)
Show Highlights and Links:
- Online Safety Call: ‘Stop. Think. Connect.’
- Disturbing statistics- Over 30m vulnerabilities detected on users’ computers
- Fraud alert- UPS package scam
- Can you spot the 6 signs of a scam
- Common internet scams and how to avoid them
- What is browser hijacking- WindowsTalk.org
- FBI Warning – Avoid Work-at-Home scams – Harry Waldron – IT Security
- Scammers dupe Windows users into downloading ‘scareware’
- Top 10 Ways To Protect Yourself From Phishing
- Myth vs. Fact: Is the Online World More Dangerous Than the Real World?
- Defend Your Computer Consumer Brochure
- Microsoft Releases a Digital Book for Teens About Online Safety
- 2,000th Blog Post At WindowsObserver.com
- How to change your Facebook Places privacy settings in 6 steps
- Office 2010 Home and Office Giveaway from WindowsObserver.com
- Isotoner smarTouch Gloves Review and Giveaway
Date Produced: 30 October 2010
Format: MP3, 128KBPS