This site has actually been around for 15 years but was a part time endeavor for the first 12 years of its existence. The last three years have been very different in the life of this site though. In October of 2007, after a crash of my previous version of this website, I set up WordPress as my permanent blogging platform and started really putting a concentrated effort into this site to produce daily content.
Hard to believe but here I am three years later, almost to the day, and I am posting my 2,000th entry on WindowsObserver.com and what a great ride it has been.
In the past three years I have been able to mark so many milestones:
- …became a regular Twitter user and tied that into this site through the Tweeted Links I share with everyone each day. Currently at nearly 35,000 tweets.
- …wrapped up my final sea tour in the US Navy and since being on shore duty I have been able to really put some concentrated work into the site and post content daily to keep the site fresh and current.
- …was recognized by Microsoft with a Microsoft Valuable Professional award in January 2010 for my community efforts in the Windows Desktop Experience.
- …started blogging for the Microsoft Clubhouse.
- …attended the official launch of Windows 7 in New York City.
- …got invited to speak about Social Media and Customer Service at a major conference in Orlando, Florida.
- …have had contact with some of the best in tech and have learned so much from many of them.
- …started the Observed Tech PODCAST.
- …got to attend the NASA STS-132 NASA Tweetup and watch the launch of Space Shuttle Atlantis from 3 miles away.
There are other events over the last three years that have made this a great journey and I want to thank everyone for your role in it all. No matter the length of our interaction what mattered the most is the people I have met over these years. I have formed friendships that will last for many, many years and have worked with some great professionals.
Thank you all for the support and your continued visits to WindowsObserver.com.
So in celebration of our 2,000th posting we are having a giveaway.
Utilizing the TweetsWin.com give away platform we are giving away a copy of Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010. This contest will run for 30 days and the prize winner will be announced on this site and via Twitter on 20 November 2010 at approximately 6:00 PM EST.
For more information on the contest and instructions on how to enter just visit http://tweetswin.com/552
Thanks again and enjoy the next 2,000 entries and beyond here at WindowsObserver.com