Where has the last year gone to? Hard to believe that MSE is now a year old and has been on the job protecting users since it came on the scene last year.
How widespread is my favorite software program after the last 12 months?
Well according to The Windows Blog:
- 30 million customers
- 27 million have reported infections
- Used in 74 countries
- Available in 27 languages
- Detected almost 400 million threats
- Customers removed 366 million of those discovered threats
Other highlights The Windows Blog mentions:
· Originally introduced in 8 languages and 19 countries around the world, Microsoft Security Essentials is currently available and supported in 25 languages and 74 countries globally.
· Microsoft Security Essentials is certified by two of the industry’s leading independent certification authorities: International Computer Security Association Labs (ICSA) and West Coast Labs. It also received the most recent VB100 Award and as well as certification from AV-Test.
· Beginning in October Microsoft Security Essentials will be made available to small businesses on up to 10 PCs for free.
I have never shied away from recommending MSE to visitors on this site and listeners of the Observed Tech PODCAST. Not only has it been free to Genuine Windows Users since it came out but recently it was announced that Small Business users would be allowed to use up to 10 copies of MSE for no charge.
Simply put – with good computing habits and MSE you can keep yourself very safe online and on your computer – and at no cost for the software or updates.
So do you use MSE or another program? Let us know why in the comments.