Microsoft is introducing a new web authoring program called WebMatrix to give web developers a way to build websites using Windows. This software connects together standards based web development with IIS Developer Express, ASP.NET and SQL Server Compact. It even incorporates the ability to use widely available open source website development tools such as WordPress, Drupal, and Gallery amongst others.
Some of the highlights:
- Work Spaces
- Command Central
- Live Request
- Site and Server
- Back to School
They have posted 15 web tutorials to help you get started using WebMatrix so just jump in and give it a try.
This is a public beta so the normal warnings apply. If you would like to give feedback on the beta of WebMatrix then visit the Connect home page for the program.
Other sites talking about the Microsoft WebMatrix Beta:
- Blog Post: A new lightweight web tool and stack: WebMatrix
- Blog Post: How WebMatrix, Razor, ASP.NET Web Pages and MVC fit together
- Blog Post: WebMatrix Top Features
- Blog Post: You know the question…What is the WebMatrix?
- Blog Post: Microsoft Releases WebMatrix Beta
- Blog Post: Introduction to WebMatrix Beta – A New, Free Tool for Website Development
- Blog Post: WebMatrix – It’s Easier to Create Web Applications Than Ever Before
- Blog Post: WebMatrix is everything you need to build Web sites using Windows
- Blog Post: WebMatrix, a first tutorial application
- Microsoft Introduces Web Matrix
- Microsoft Launches Free Web Dev Tool, WebMatrix