About six weeks ago McAkins posted about HP’s Windows 8 App that was called Getting Started with Windows 8 however, at the time the app was only populated with Windows 7 related materials.
Well as of tonight that app is now full of Windows 8 related items to help you learn the new operating system from Microsoft.
For some reason it is not showing up in the Windows Store as of right now however you can still find the web listing for it at the Windows Store web listing. I imagine it will be accessible no later than GA which is just a week from tomorrow.
Here are some screenshots of the app:
The various modules for Windows 8 are broken down into two major areas and each as a hefty selection of subjects in them.
Here is the layout:
- A new Start screen
- New Windows apps
- App tiles to keep you updated
- Charms – easy access to options
- Works with your personal information
- A better design for touch
- Using the Lock screen (Welcome screen)
- Signing in to Windows
- Learning about the Start screen
- Customizing the Start screen
- Shutting down the computer
- Navigating with a mouse
- Navigating with the keyboard
- Navigating on a touch screen
- Navigating with a touch pad
- Working with multiple apps
- Finding, files, settings, and apps
- Closing apps
- Working with Windows 8 tiles
- Windows 8 app
- Internet Explorer 10
- Windows store
- Where is the Start button?
- How do I open My Documents?
- How do I change my background picture?
- How do I change my account picture?
- How do I add a folder to Start? (shortcut)
- What’s the difference between an app and other software?
- What do you use the desktop for?
- Where did the desktop gadgets go?
- Where is Windows Media Center?
- Where is Control Panel?
- Where is Device Manager?
- Where is Task Manager?
- Where is Windows Movie Maker?
- Where is Windows DVD Maker?
- Why can’t I watch movies in Windows Media Player?
- Overview of New Features in Windows 8
- Navigating Windows 8 with Touch
- Navigating Windows 8 with Mouse, Keyboard and Touchpad
- Using Apps in Windows 8
- Using the Store App in Windows 8
- Using the People App in Windows 8
- Windows 8 Quick Tips and Shortcuts
The final section of the app contains links to Microsoft’s Community Forums, HP Forums and the Windows Help Site.
This app should be a great resource to help users of any Windows 8 system to learn the ropes of the new OS.