The Windows 8 Release Preview’s Windows Store periodically checks for updates to any Metro Apps you have installed on your system but there maybe times that you would rather get the update a little quicker.
In order to manually check and get any Metro Apps updates just follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Store Metro App
- Swipe in from the right side of the screen to open the Charms Bar. If you are using a mouse you can go to the hot corner at the top or bottom of the right side of your screen. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Windows C.
- Tap or select the Settings menu item on the Charms Bar (bottom option).
- Tap or select App Updates from the list of menu items on the Windows Store Settings Bar.
- On the App Updates screen just tap or select Check for updates.
At this point a check will be made against all of your installed Metro Apps and you can then select the ones you want to update.
P.S. If anyone from the Windows Store team reads this a recommendation courtesy of my friend @databasejase on Twitter – this would make a perfect menu item right next to Your apps on the main Windows Store App Bar.