Last week the Windows Live team announced several new features that will soon be available in Windows Live Hotmail to further enhance your web based email experience.
Here is a quick summary of those enhancements:
- Track Packages
- If your email is from one of the shipping companies and contains a tracking number then you will be able to see a real time report of the packages location and delivery details. The US Post Office and FEDEX are fully supportable. Other shipping companies will display a link to get details.
- Facebook Chat
- If one of your Facebook contacts are listed in your contacts list in Hotmail then you will be able to initiate a chat session with them like you can on the Facebook website.
- Share Photos
- There is expanded coverage and new features to help you share your photos. Previously you could only share photos with SkyDrive in the US and that has now been expanded worldwide. They are also increasing the attachment size limit to your outgoing emails to 25MB.
- View videos from your email
- If you receive a link to a Hulu or YouTube video you have been able to view them in your Hotmail inbox since earlier this summer. That feature has now been expanded to include Dailymotion and Justin.tv.
- Many people organize their email by folders and now you can create subfolders in those folders to even better organize your email storage.
The team reports the features will be released over the next few weeks so keep an eye out for them.