- WindowsObserver.com - http://www.windowsobserver.com -
Windows Live Writer Plug-In Submission Process Changes
Posted By Richard Hay On August 10, 2010 @ 8:31 pm In All Posts | Comments Disabled
Microsoft has announced a major change in how plug-in authors submit their work for the popular blog posting software and they are notifying existing plug-in authors with the following email from the Windows Live Writer Team:
Dear Windows Live Writer plug-in authors,
On behalf of the Windows Live Writer team and all of our customers, thank you for the valuable contributions your plug-ins have made to the Writer experience.
We’re writing to let you know that Writer’s plug-in hosting and submission processes are changing. Note: Existing plug-ins currently hosted on Windows Live Gallery will need to be resubmitted using the new process outlined below. In the future, should you wish to provide additional plug-ins for Writer, we request that you also submit your plug-ins using this process.
We hope that you find the new plug-in submission process and hosting solution simple and lightweight.
New plug-in submission process:
1. Author uploads plug-in MSI installer to Windows Live SkyDrive using his/her Windows Live ID (email address).
2. Author emails email@example.com (Windows Live Essentials Plug-ins) including the following information:
· Author name
· Author Windows Live ID (that will host the plug-in MSI)
· Author contact email address
· Plug-in name
· Plug-in description
· Plug-in category (pick only one):
· Post publishing
· Other content
· URL to plug-in MSI on SkyDrive
3. Writer team verifies that the plug-in works as described.
4. Writer team updates public list of Writer plug-ins that will include information on the plug-in and a link to the installer that is hosted on the author’s SkyDrive.
5. Writer team notifies plug-in author that plug-in has been listed.
We value your efforts and want to ensure that your plug-ins will continue to be accessible for the many people interested in them. In order to do this, we need you to resubmit any existing plug-ins on Windows Live Gallery using this new process by September 10, 2010. You will be able to add more plug-ins after this date, but we need you to move existing plug-ins by then.
The Windows Live Writer Team
Is this an indication that the end is near for the Windows Live Gallery?
Article printed from WindowsObserver.com: http://www.windowsobserver.com
URL to article: http://www.windowsobserver.com/2010/08/10/windows-live-writer-plug-in-submission-process-changes/
Copyright © 2013 WindowsObserver.com. All rights reserved.